Platon Technologies
not logged in Login Registration
EnglishSlovak
open source software development celebrating 10 years of open source development! Friday, April 19, 2024
About Us
O nás
Magazine
Magazín
Open Source
Otvorený softvér
CVS
CVS
Services
Služby
Index  »  Projects  »  phpMyEdit  »  Forum  »  phpMyEdit5.6 'Table' in first screen

phpMyEdit Installation     phpMyEdit5.6 'Table' in first screen

eclipsetbs     Joined: 28 Jan 2007   Posts: 3  
Post Posted: 2007-01-28 19:14
Back to top  Reply with quote     

New to php/MySQL, but learning. I uploaded the two v5.6 files to the webspace provided by my ISP (Linux system, Apache server, PHP v4.3.10 - zend engine v1.3.0, with MySQL v number?). The excellent documentation with v5.6 says the first screen requires four fields to be completed, but the first screen I get requires an extra field called 'Table'. When I try different things here, I always get the next screen, but this states that I need to specify an 'identifier' for this 'Table' entry. So how do I proceed (to more interesting things)? I know I'm a novice, but I've followed every step and my DB space is obviously being accessed correctly.

Post Posted: 2007-01-31 12:15

OK, I believe my MySQL version is 4.0.24 ('Client API version'). Also, maybe I'm missing something here because I have to configure something in MySQL (to get an "identifier")? Any advice would be appreciated.

Post Posted: 2007-02-03 18:08

Thanks Doug. Your response really is appreciated and I recognise your esteemed competence and faculty. However, with respect, you forget that I am a novice at php and MySQL and anyway that my post was simply about installing phpMyEdit from the first page displayed in my browser, not how I should program anything. I do have tables in my MySQL, but these are for a forum setup just installed from another template and I can't just start changing scripts for these can I, just to satisfy whims of phpMyEdit (which scripts anyway?)? All I needed from phpMyEdit (for starters) was something to help me understand the php/MySQL architecture on my particular server (I have the very well recommended 'MyAdmin' on my ISP's CGI server, but the documentation for that only provides a lot of nerd language telling me zilch about how to actually use it for administrating the database). You might have guessed that I am a electronics engineer/technical author with a passion for good English grammar and well-crafted user-friendly manuals that don't immediately jump straight into 'impressive' machine (OK a bit higher than that) code! I hope you understand and can help, or does anyone else have any ideas on this very basic question?

michal     Joined: 17 Jun 2003   Posts: 537   Location: Slovakia
Post Posted: 2007-02-09 12:24

the extra fields for table are my work. on some systems/some configurations users are not permitted to view/know about other databases/tables, which caused phpMyEditSetup script fail. you can safely ignore those fields, they will be asked later. however documentation needs a little clarification.

Copyright © 2002-2006 Platon Group
Site powered by Metafox CMS
Go to Top · Feedback form · Odkazový formulár · Application form · Prihláška
Report bug on PLATON.SK website · Upozorniť na chybu na PLATON.SK webstránke · Terms of use · Podmienky použitia · Privacy policy · Ochrana osobných údajov